This whole corn fed yellow chicken has been raised following strict rules to ensure the best quality and animal welfare.
- sustainable and animal-friendly feed
- the guarantee of the national origin of the animals (chicks born in France)
- the development of hardy or semi-hardy breeds according to the needs of our customers, access to the open air on grassy and tree-lined runs (20% of the Group's chickens and 98% of the laying hen farms) and/or increasing the space available for henhouse-raised animals
- the layout of spaces to allow the expression of the behaviour of each species, natural light in poultry houses
- the preservation of animal health and the assessment of animal welfare
- respect for the environment
- Audits by independent bodies to ensure compliance with specifications.
On the transport and slaughter side, we act for the protection of animals on :
- reducing the transport time of animals to less than 3 hours on average
- training in animal welfare for all persons working with animals
- the layout of our animal reception docks
- the installation of cameras for the transparency of practices
- systematic stunning of all animals before slaughter. (Already more than 50% of chickens are stunned "under controlled atmosphere" recommended by NGOs).